Sunday, March 1, 2015

Year 3, Day 311

Afternoon! Today I give you Happy Faces by Babe Youth.


So I have a story for you, but it requires some context. I've never dated. I'm basically as close to a nun as you can get without being religious. Even at 22 I've never even been asked on a date, so the idea of anything linked to romance in my life is literally laughable to my family. We were at breakfast and I was telling a story about how Julie Andrews got the part of Mary Poppins (because this is the kind of thing I talk about with them) and I was about halfway through. Well in the story Julie explains that she's pregnant so she can't take the role. So as I was mimicking the line and saying "I'm pregnant" when our waitress came up. She's our regular waitress so she knows us all pretty well and is privy to any developments in our lives. So she mistook the story as me telling my family that I was expecting and she freaked out. She was so excited and my whole family burst into laughter. I'm talking crazy huge laughter where you can't breathe because you're laughing so hard. Seriously. There were tears. I had to explain that no I was not pregnant and that she just has the worst timing ever. My family got a good laugh out of it and honestly I thought it was kind of hilarious too so I wanted to share it with you. That's all for today, enjoy the song.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment