Hi everyone. Today I give you I Don't Want To Wait by Paula Cole.
This song is now seared into my brain and will never leave it again. My parents used to drop my sister and I off at our grandparents' house before school in the mornings because they had to go to work. Usually I would fall asleep on the couch for four hours until we had to go to school, but sometimes Sammy would watch TV in the room too. You know what kind of things would play at five in the morning on weekdays? Dawson fucking Creek. I hate Dawson's Creek and it's Sammy's fault. I probably only started hating it because she liked it, but if you watch the show is really ridiculous. I heard this song (which is the theme tune by the way) so many god damn times consciously or subconsciously and my brain permanently connected it to the show. I can't hear it without seeing the stupid title sequence with Dawson's face in the sky and I want to wipe that memory away!! It wont go though. I'm stuck with it forever. I don't know why I'm doing this to myself by putting it on here, I guess maybe I'm hoping someone shares my pain. Please say I'm not the only one out there.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment