Saturday, March 28, 2015

Year 3, Day 338

Hey. Today I give you True by Spandau Ballet.


So awhile ago I applied for a job that I was sure I'd get. The way the posting was written out made it sound like the job was specifically made for me. I had a connection in the office and I even went in and met the girl I'd be working for/with. I sent in my resume through that girl and directly to HR like I was supposed to and then...nothing. I didn't even get a call. It had ticked me off pretty sufficiently. Today though I found at the the girl they hired (instead of me) quit after only a few months, and the one I had gone in to meet had asked if I would reapply. I thought about just telling them to shove it up their ass, but that is something 14 years old me would do. I'm not 14 anymore, I'm 22 and I know that sticking the middle finger up to people wont get me anything except turmoil. So I'm redoing my resume. I'm adding a few things I omitted before, updating some information and hopefully this time I'll at least earn an interview if not the position. I'm choosing to take the high road, but I refuse to give it the optimism as I did before. I'll choose to either be right or pleasantly surprised this time around. Send me your good thoughts.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment