Hello. So today's song is Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy.
I got a call from Anna awhile ago asking me for a favor. So I slipped out of the house and am over at her place hanging with her sister Rebecca. They're parents aren't in town and Anna's still in Lethbridge for school, so I'm keeping Becca company while she has her own existential crisis...a lot like the one I had awhile ago but spawned from a different life event. Basically every girl I've known from when they graduate high school until a few years later goes through the same panic attack of realizing we no longer have a life or anyone in it with us. Because you don't see those people everyday, you realize that it's hard to consider them friends. They are (as I have always referred to them) friends of convenience: people that time and distance has pushed together and you just kind of accepted that. Once school ends though you aren't being pushed together anymore, but away... and then friendships become strained if not evaporate altogether. I went though this. Sammy has been going through this. And now it seems Becca is starting. I can't say if the same thing happens for guys because I'm not friends with enough to make the assumption, but it is definitely true for girls and it sucks. So to anyone out there who feels this way right now, trust me when I say that it's something you just have to get through and eventually you will find a groove again. Hold on until you do.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment