Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Year 3, Day 307

Hey... Today's song is Girl In A Country Song by Maddie & Tae.


Sorry, this is the last one, it's just so good. I wouldn't recommend reading the comments on this video because it's just a bunch of people who are butthurt. This song is basically satire of the typical country song. I feel like it's equal parts "I hope the industry stops doing this stuff" and "let's have fun with the stereotype for the hell of it." This is one of those creations that you should laugh and smile at rather than complaining that "these girls are abusing the stereotype just like men do which is wrong!" As you can imagine this has become the breeding ground for a feminist/misogynist debate and it gets old fast. It'a a catchy song and I love it, I love the video, I think it's fabulous overall so can we please just enjoy that it exists rather than compaining? For once? I hope so.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment