What's up. Today's song is Westfall by Okkervil River.
Here's another band from Texas, who also found their name through
inspiration of the arts, this time from a short story by Tatyana
Tolstaya, a Russian novelist. They formed in 1998, and recorded their
first album in a garage. They played at festivals before eventually
getting signed and have since released a lot more records (seven by
2013) and been featured on Conan. They are a really great band so check them out. In other news, I had breakfast with my family again today, as is normal for Saturday, but once again my uncle came with my cousin. She's almost two years old and is sharp as a tack. Last time she came I was able to make a bunny out of my winter gloves because a friend taught me in junior high, so this time she was waiting for it. The second I put on one of the gloves she was getting excited and saying ba (that's baby for bunny) at me because she knew what was happening. She also refused to let me put the bunny away, so I had to eat my breakfast one handed with the wrong hand. Then she got super excited when she saw that I had ketchup because she also wanted ketchup even though her breakfast was pancakes.... This whole time my sister was confused because she doesn't understand anything Mya is trying to say. Since Sammy was on the end of the booth though, when Mya wanted to walk around it was her who had to go with...which my uncle thinks is hilarious...because he loves to torture us with uncomfortable situations. We've been hanging out since, but everyone just left so I thought I'd share the story.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment