Friday, February 6, 2015

Year 3, Day 288

Hi. So today I give you Telephone by The Black Angels.


I have two songs from this band saved on my computer to use for the blog, and I had trouble deciding which one for today. I will eventually show you the other one, but that'll be a while later so it's staggered. Alright, so these guys are from Texas and formed in 2004. Current members include Stephanie Bailey, Christian Bland, Alex Maas, Kyle Hunt, and Jake Garcia. The name actually comes from a Velvet Underground song. Their name isn't the only inspiration from the Velvet Underground that the band has gotten. They are also known for their logo, which is a black and white photo of the singer from the Velvet Underground. They gained popularity after being featured on a psychedelic music mix in 2005 and have been going strong since. They've released four studio albums, been featured in many movies and have toured a lot. Some of the notable tour mates they've had are The Black Keys, Queens of the Stone Age and Wolfmother. So if you like any of the other bands I've mentioned, you will most likely be into these guys. Check them out.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment