Sunday, February 8, 2015

Year 3, Day 290

Morning! Today's song is Stand In The Water by Wildlife.


So I've decided when exactly the never before seen artist thing is going to end and it'll be on my birthday. Mostly because I've been doing this for a month or more and my birthday is the closest event I can think of. Therefore the last one will be on Valentine's Day and I'll start doing other stuff the day after. Until then, here is another Canadian band from Toronto. I actually saw something today about Canadians sharing their Canada and it's a compilation video of all the footage that was sent in. One of the comments from someone in Britain was that all the footage is from outside doing energetic things and that it would be very different if the same concept was applied for them. I thought a lot about it because I really don't do many outdoor activities but...if I wanted to show someone Canada I would want to take them camping and for a drive through the prairies seeing all the yellow fields. Roadtrips are definitely my Canada and that counts as outside. I thought it was relevant today not only because of the band location, but their name. This band though wasn't always in Canada, and actually originated in Glasgow with a lineup of Canadians and Scots in 2005. The band eventually went their separate ways and the homesick singer moved back to Toronto and restarted the band with his childhood friend a year later. They released an EP in 2008 on thier own and it is beyond sold out, you can't get it anywhere. In 2010 they released a five track album with a record label and got great reviews. So check out their stuff.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment