Monday, February 9, 2015

Year 3, Day 291

Hey. So today's song is Emmeline by Erland & The Carnival.


Okay this one may or may not have been used before. I remember featuring them years ago, but I think the video got taken down or no one could view it so I might have changed it to a different group after the fact. I still remember though because of the creepy bugs in the first song's video...it was disgusting. Anyway I figured if I had taken them off the blog it wasn't fair because their stuff is good so I'm showing them to you today. This is a British group and as far as I know they are pretty popular. They formed in 2008 after the guys met at a folk night and bonded over their love of that genre and one song in particular: My Name is Carnival by Jackson Frank. I think it's pretty clear where their name comes from now. The debut album came out in 2010, with their second album out the following year. They've received great reviews for their unique sound described as "a wild pastiche of digital trickery and oral tradition that channels the spirit of '70s progressive rock while staying true to pop-song brevity." I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I can say that in this particular track, man do they have the creep factor down to an artform just from the way the song starts. Their third album came out last year so check out some of the other song if this is your style.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment