Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Year 3, Day 363

Hey. Today's song is Oh Freedom by The Golden Gospel Singers.


I cannot possibly explain to you guys how much I adore this song. I am in love with it. I want it played at my funeral. The reason that this song is made and what it alludes to doesn't apply to me at all, but it's beautiful and powerful. When I listen to it, I can't help but stop everything else I'm doing and sit still. The only way I listen is intently and if I could be sent off from this world in any way: I would want it to be a statement. Let's hop it's not for a long time though, but I'm tucking this away for later. I can't tell you guys how many times I wished I could join one of these black gospel choirs. Their voices and the passion they create has always made me envious because our little high school choir could never do the gospel pieces justice. We sounded like we were mocking them, even when we tried hard. I always wanted to convey emotion the way they did, and since I can't personally do it, I need to introduce you guys to someone who can. Please listen and feel with them. It can change your world.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment