Friday, April 3, 2015

Year 3, Day 344

What's Up. Today I give you Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper.


 Yesterday I went over to hang out with Sammy because she has the night off since it's a holiday weekend. As far as work goes for her Thursdays are basically her Fridays so a three day weekend for her started yesterday...that's not the point of my story. I went over to hang out, but as always happens she had an ulterior motive. She wanted help with resumes again. Since I took a class that was solely about writing them she seems to think I'm some kind of wizard with vast knowledge of the thing. This is broken logic though because if I'm so good with resume writing why am I still jobless? Food for thought dear sister, food for thought. It was just her resume though, she had the one of a guy from her work too. I ended up working on his, because it was hilariously bad. For someone who was applying for very tight positions with a lot of applicants and hardly any hires, you would assume that he would know how to make a decent one. No. There were spelling mistakes, no months on his work stuff, his school things were messed up...I could even get into the cover letter for the first ten minutes because I was fuming about him even getting the phrase to whom it may concern wrong. I rewrote his cover letter to be more professional while Sammy picked a formatting she liked, then I took a red pen to the printed copy I had. Since I don't know the guy I couldn't even pretend to fill in the correct info, so I wrote note after note about what he needed to add, how the order should be, what was wrong with it before. This guy probably hates me now, but it's for his own good. At least spending the time on his I didn't have to redo Sammy's for the third time...I can only rewrite the same sentence in so many different ways. Anyway that's my story filled with frustration. Do with it what you will.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment