Hi. Today's song is Firebird Suite by Stravinsky.
I have mentioned Fantasia to you before when I showed one of the movie clips with my favorite classical song, but we need to talk about it's importance again. I think I appreciate classical music the way I do today because of a few factors: one of them being Fantasia. From a young age my sister and I would watch Fantasia which is only cartoon shorts created to classical pieces. It's so captivating and the music is phenomenal. Another thing that added to my love of classical was learning and listening to the life story of Back and Beethoven along with other greats when I was in elementary school music class (I had a great teacher.) I can say though that I wouldn't have cared except that I knew some of their stuff before school started. If you do nothing else to teach your kids about classical music as a style, at least make them watch Fantasia. It will never get old, I make people watch it now who have never seen it. Please please check it out if you've never heard of it. It's fabulous.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment