Monday, December 15, 2014

Year 3, Day 235

Sup! So today's song is Stop and Stare by One Republic.


You can skip the first minute to get to the song. Sorry some videos are weird. Anyway, I've been experiencing something kind of new for myself lately: some good self esteem. I'm so used to be on guard about everyone and assuming they think the worst of me, but a change has come in an unexpected way. My sister had gotten a new job awhile ago, and since we hang out together so much my name comes up in a lot of her stories. I guess when other people describe me I sound like a pretty cool person, because one of the guys she works with is interested in meeting me. She told him that I'm sarcastic and cynical (which is apparently okay) and showed him a picture of me which should have been turn off. Well....I got an invite to their Christmas party. The guy is older than me, and I have no interest in meeting him or dating anyone, but it feels really really good to know that I'm not completely undesirable. It's just that I'm desirable to people at least ten years older than me! This isn't the first older dude that has kind-of-not-really-back-hand asked me out so from all the experience of my life my generation is not the one that wants to date me. And I don't want someone much older than I am. Call me crazy, but I actually do follow the rule of seven, at least in my head I do. So I just wanted to share my little story and make sure you guys know that even if you aren't aware of it, someone out there likes you, so feel good about yourself. There's no reason not to.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment