Hey guys. So today's song is No Church In The Wild by Kanye.
Today I was going to talk about the Chasing Life Christmas Special with was absolutely adorable and tugged at my heart strings, but I have a story about my absolutely ridiculous family instead. So my parents are divorced. I've never actually told you guys that, but I think it was easy to figure out. It was a really bad divorce too (which was also easy to figure out) and it's so rocky that the two sides of my family can not and will not interact with each other. This makes everyone living in the same couple of neighborhoods a little challenging because you can't help but run into people. Also the Fisher side is bitter because Sammy and I both basically disowned them and when I talk about my family it's almost always the Carswell side. So today my mom and grandma went shopping at Walmart for all the random stuff that goes in our Christmas stockings. My grandma does them every year, but this year she left it until the last minute (two weeks away is last minute?) and had to do it today. Well surprise surprise that my mom wasn't the only one out shopping with their mom, because walking directly towards them was my dad and grandma fisher. I wasn't there because I know better than to be out when he would (I have a sixth sense for avoiding people) but I imagine it looked a lot like those slo-mo car crashes in movies. Naturally my mom saw them first and not being able to full on run without causing a scene, she turned away put her head down and her hood up....my grandma was unaware of everything happening. My mom thinks she got away without being seen, but I highly doubt it knowing my dad. He is probably too butt-hurt to say anything (which is out of character for him) since the betrayal by me. And by betrayal I mean the part where I moved out of his house and he tried his usual bullying tactics on me, but I didn't let them work because I am the champion at playing his stupid little game. I'm hoping now that there will be no more holiday run-ins because seriously the last thing I need is for someone to start the fight about who's going where for Christmas. Do any of you have divorced parents who can be civilized? Is that a thing? Or is it always like two warring countries and I'm the borderline. I'm just wondering.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment