Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Year 3, Day 229

Hey. Today I give you Get What I Want by Bitter:Sweet.


Okay, judge me if you want but I have been watching Girl Meets World. It's absolutely awful and I hate it, just another attempt to reach an audience that is growing out of this kind of stuff, but I watch because of the old cast of Boy Meets World. The old show was on tv today so I got to watch that and I noticed an amazing parallel. So Girl Meets World is in its first season, and the episode I'm talking about the daughter told Cory that there was nothing left for him to teach her. Well he was hurt by that, but never really touched on it the whole episode, and it went on as normal with all the happy go lucky as always. The Boy Meets World episode was from....maybe season 6 or 7 from right before they graduated high school. Cory is the teen in this one, and he (along with Shawn) tell Mr. Feeny that there is nothing left to teach them. Can you feel the parallel yet? Well at that moment with Feeny's reaction you feel physical unease at the horror of such a statement. And then the entire episode builds and builds on that betrayal, making you feel as bad as the characters do. In the end, the whole ordeal was actually another Feeny lesson, but the way it was tackled puts me at a loss for words. It's something we just aren't getting from the new show because there will never be another character like Mr. Feeny. I'm happy the old gang gets to put those characters on again and live their lives, but what has been done to the legacy of the show hurts my heart. If I ever have children, they will be watching Boy Meets World, and they will learn from it and fall in love with it just like I did. So if you watch the new one, but have never seen Boy Meets World, I suggest you rectify that immediately.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment