Hey. Today's song is Denmark Street by The Kinks.
I feel like I've just had my kid status revoked...not that I've been a kid this whole time because I haven't been in a long while, but I feel weird now. Today I learned that when you can no longer call your mom "mom" to someone else in your family with them knowing exactly who you're referring to, you are now an adult. There are too many moms in the equation and everyone deems you old enough to refer by names instead. I've always realized that I was getting older and more mature, and thought that that was it, but I had a moment when this happened that I just thought "that's it. That's my adulthood card handed to me" and the funny thing? I didn't want it. I just think it's weird to refer to them by their names, like as much as I hate my parents I still call them mom and dad; and I still call my grandparents grandma and grandpa (but so does everyone else in the world now). People think I'm weird though because I do refer to my uncles and aunts by their names and not their status in my family. I guess I'm just weird...so I'm curious if you guys ever had one moment where you truly felt like an adult. I really want to know, so tell me in the comments.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment