Saturday, October 11, 2014

Year 3, Day 170

Hi. So today's song is Hey Julie by Fountains Of Wayne.


This song is so important. It's your typical love song, about a guy who can't wait to get back to his girl, how much he cares about her. Along with the hilarious 90's office scenario and awkward dancing, there is a plot twist to this song. It's about a dog. Julie is his dog. Do you realize how glorious that is? I laughed so hard when I found out that he was singing about the dog. I thought Fountains Of Wayne couldn't get any cooler than Stacey's mom. I was incorrect. This band is from New York and was formed by two guys who met in college. The name comes from a lawn ornament store in Wayne, New Jersey. Why, I don't know, but I'd like to. Name origin stories seem like they would be entertaining. Maybe a book idea? A collection of stories as to why bands are named the way they are. Unfortunately for me I don't really know that many bands personally so I can't really make this happen, but maybe some day someone will, and when that happens I will buy the book. Is there any band that you were always curious about how they got their name? Let me know in the comments.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment