Hello. So today's song is Your English Is Good by Tokyo Police Club.
These guys are an indie band from Ontario. I love looking up bands origins because I find that a lot more are from Canada than I realized...although I shouldn't be surprised just looking at how big the underground music scene is in my city. I had been pretty aware of the whole Calgary music scene before I went to school, but then homework and all-nighters took over my life. Anyway, this band. They actually formed after the four of them had disbanded from Surburbia, another band of theirs. They were just jamming in a basement, and it clicked. Then Tokyo Police Club was born. They started out the same way most indie bands do, by playing small gigs around their area. Then they played a Montreal Festival and got signed to a record label. Fast forward to now and they've done a vast amount of festivals, toured with Weezer and Foster The People, and have released three full albums. Obviously they've also released EP's and done bonus material, along with solo projects members have done, so there is lots of material for you to check out if you haven't heard of them.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment