Sunday, April 22, 2018

Year 5, Day 163

Hi. Today I give you Handclap by Fitz and the Tantrums.


So the band was formed in 2008, and is made up of Michael Fitzpatrick, Noelle Scaggs, Joe Karnes, James King, Jeremy Ruzumna, and John Wicks. So Michael is technically the one that started the group, buying an electric organ and writing a song the same day. He then got in touch with James who plays Sax, then James brought in Noelle and John who sing and play drums respectively. Then John brought in Joe and Jeremy who play bass and keyboard respectively and the group was formed. The group clicked immediately, which is something all musicians strive for, and played their first show within a week of the first rehearsal. They released their first EP in 2009 and then toured with Flogging Molly (who I've featured before) and Hepcat. Immediately after they opened for Maroon 5 on their college tour, a last minute change when K'naan backed out. Fun Fact: Adam Levine found out about the band from his tattoo artist. In 2010 they did some more touring and festival shows, before getting signed and releasing an album. 2011 and 2012 saw them making the rounds on talk shows performing and gaining some fame, then they released another album in 2013. This song came out in 2016, and is the first time I heard of them. I'm glad it finally found its way to me. They're definitely a band to watch.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment