Hey. So today I give you Beautiful Birds by Passenger featuring BIRDY.
I don't know if it's just me, but it makes me smile knowing that the song Beautiful Birds has a featured artist going by Birdy. So I've definitely played at least one other song by Passenger before, but I don't think I ever did a breakdown, so we'll do two brief ones today. Passenger used to be a band, but it dissolved in 2009 and when that happened Michael David Rosenberg decided to keep the name for his solo career. I've said it before, but the comparison I always come to is Panic! and honestly why not keep the name so your fans can still find you. Especially as the singer, it just makes sense. He more or less started his solo career in Australia before getting big in the UK as well, and then in 2013 his song Let He Go exploded onto the scene and made him a household name. He's still doing music (clearly) and the rest of his stuff is just a good, if mostly a mellow vibe. Birdy is also someone I've mentioned before. Her real name is Jasmine Lucilla Elizabeth Jennifer van den Bogaerde, and her stage name is from a nickname by her parents. I sometimes with I was one of those people who had a million and a half given names, but at the same time that would suck for any legal stuff. Her career started at age 12 when she beat out 10,000 other singers to win Open Mic UK. Her cover of Skinny Love two years later got her a lot of fame and jumped her career forward. A lot of her career has been music covers, but supplemented with her own songs, and the materials have been used in a lot of big pop culture creations. She's grown a lot throughout her career and it's nice to see her get where she is.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment