Sunday, April 1, 2018

Year 5, Day 142

Hi guys. So today's song is Sad Song by We The Kings featuring Elena Coats.


Alright, out of the oldies and into the more recent artists. Although I gotta say this one is a bit of a throwback for me personally. I may have never shared a We The Kings song before (which is an oversight on my part) but I have mentioned them on this blog. Back in October 2010 when my blog was still new and I had literally no idea what I was doing I made a rant post with a theory about bands with red-haired singers all being great. I know, I was ridiculous. I was young(er) and immature and trying to be cooler than I was. I'm still not cool, but I at least own it now. In those eight years both I and the band have grown up a lot clearly, because this song is just tragic. It breaks my heart. So the band is from Florida, and is currently made up of Travis Clark, Hunter Thomsen, Danny Duncan, Coley O'Toole, and Charles Trippy. They've released five albums and are working on a new one to hopefully come out this year. The last couple of years they've been releasing music on their own without a label and offering some personalized packages to fans to fund the album. Most of the guys are now married with kids, which is nice. I'm glad they've built their lives outside of music. Alright we gotta talk about Elena too because she is good and can use the exposure. So she's twenty and from Idaho. She seems relatively new to the industry, being most famous for this song. She has some other songs though so check them out and if you like her share her stuff.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment