Monday, April 9, 2018

Year 5, Day 150

Afternoon. So today's song is The Climb by Miley Cyrus.


After yesterday I figured if I was going to talk about an artist that can sing, but chooses to negate that, I might as well blast another one out while some of you may still disagree with me. I can safely say that Miley Cyrus can sing, and sing well. She does have an ear for music and I had been pleasantly surprised when she was the guest judge on the voice how much she helped the contestants. I haven't seen her as an actual judge because I'm not an avid watcher of the Voice (reality shows are too cringey for me) but based on that I assume good things. Some of her songs though she seems to try to purposefully block her talent off in favor of a music style and it just annoys me. If I could belt without cracking my voice (I used to kind of do it, but I'm so out of practice) I would embrace that wholeheartedly. I mean I guess it's just a matter of opinion because songs that don't have any musicality in them, as opposed to all rhythm only, is the norm now. Maybe I'm just out of touch. Good thing old music never goes out of style.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment