Morning. So today's song is Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood.
I've been listening to a Carrie Underwood song a lot lately (not this one) and it affected me enough to want to include her in the list. This song was one of the first that got really big and introduced me to her. The songs of hers that I've listened to (and I'm sorry that doesn't include a lot) all seem pretty... empowered I guess is the word I'm looking for. When it deals with the betrayal or destruction caused by another person the way she sings the story makes her not seem victimized which I like. Too much woe is me is not so good. For music I mean, actual victimizing for real crimes is a different story just in case you try and read something into my words that isn't there. I'm off the rails today so I'm just going to end it here.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment