Hey guys. Today's song is Emperor's New Clothes by Panic! at the Disco.
Today was my family's Christmas celebration. A week early so it didn't feel very festive, but there's eleven of us so scheduling is hard. We made it though, and it was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. We had Christmas at my mom's new place (she moves practically every six months) so she went all out with the decorating. You would think it would be cozy to see all the decoration accumulated and on display throughout your life, but really it just made me uncomfortable. Like a living embodiment of Christmas past that reminds you of how innocent you'll never be again. I'm cynical this is how I view things. My uncle was of course commenting on things that he had no business commenting on, but less so than previous years. And he wouldn't parent his own child which meant I became parent #1 for five hours, then my sister got the job for the next five hours when she arrived. It only further cemented that I never want kids. Mu other uncle got there after work and made of point of sitting with me (as he seems to be his tradition at every family gathering nowadays) because he knows that I will not volunteer confessions about my life unless someone is in close proximity. Everyone liked their gifts now that we went back to the typical secret santa set up, and my mom seemed happy rather than her constant state of trying not to cry. My grandma made her signature stuffing which is not actually signature except for the fact that the family wont eat stuffing unless she's the one who makes it, and my uncle (the latter one) made her cheesecake this year which is always a favorite. All in all not too bad. My grandparents left early because my grandpa caught the flu a couple days ago so I had to get a ride home with Will and Sammy who were going out of town immediately after so now I'm sitting in their house surrounded by cats, lizards and fish. Will forgot that I needed to actually go home before pet sitting, but they were late and he was scatterbrained so I'll just trek home tomorrow for my stuff. Personally I'm glad my Christmas is over with so I can relax for the rest of the week while the mass population still stresses. It's....euphoric to be over that hump.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment