Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Year 4, Day 288

Morning. So today's song is Say Goodbye by S Club 7.


Okay here's a topic for ya: Christmas trees. Do you or don't you? If you do, real or fake? Ribbons, garland or popcorn? How do you put them on? Personal or impersonal ornaments? Color coded or not? Angel or star on top? I ask because right now I'm sitting in the living room staring at my uncle's tree and it's weird by my standards. They have ribbon in their tree, but the pieces go from top to bottom rather than around the tree. They also have a set of ornaments that they bought, which are all red, that cover the tree with no personal ones. I find that odd considering they have a kid. My family has always had a fake Christmas tree with tinsel and a crazy mish mash of ornaments that came from... well, everywhere. This year my mom is hosting our celebration and bought a real tree to switch it up, but I wanna know what the norm is. And apologies to the people who are celebrating Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or another type of holiday. Christmas is what my family does and it's all I know so that's why I write about it, but if you do celebrate a different holiday, tell me what you guys do. I'd love to know.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment