Hey everyone. So today's song is Chills by Down With Webster.
I just got to the end of another book. I may have talked about it before because I have read this one previously, but I love when authors associate songs with what they've written. I mean it's one thing to create these characters and let them loose to develop differently in everyone's imagination, but when you add music to it you can start to see the molding that the writer did. Almost like giving you a glimmer of what they saw when they created the character. I'm sure the songs are very different from what I've featured lately , but I wanted to include them for you anyway. The book I read was Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen and one the last page at the back she listed ten songs that make up the soundtrack of the book. First off we've got the song about the book in general which include Love Me Like The World Is Ending (which I've featured before) and Whatever It Is both by Ben Lee. Also included in the broad section is Breakable by Ingrid Michaelson. Some go into the more specific themes of the book, like As Cool As I Am by Dar Williams associated with the loner aspect of the main character, I See Monsters by Ryan Adams for the insomniacs, and No Sunlight by Death Cab For Cutie about the perfect time of day. The book is set in summer so on the list she added Stolen by Dashboard Confessional, and since writing can take a toll the list also featured Let It Rain by Tracey Chapman (not on YouTube) and No One by Alicia Keyes. The last song is character specific and I gotta say it was so not something that I would associate with my imagined version of this guy, but was intrigued that it did for her original incarnation of him. That song would be People Who Died by Jim Carroll Band. Oddly enough the feeling of Down With Webster is what I associate with the same character (the singing parts anyway), which is obviously very different. I know most of you probably wont read the book (young adult novels are my jam because I'm a romantic at heart) but even so, you can check out this playlist and at least get something from the story. If you are interested in the book though you can read the whole thing here. I mean you should buy it but usually when I want to read and get books stores aren't open so we improvise. If you do the online read though just recognize that the dividers of days and situations are absent.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment