Monday, December 19, 2016

Year 4, Day 301

Hiya. Today I give you Whipped Cream by Ludo.


This is a new song and new band this year, although I think I put one of their other songs earlier in the year. Regardless this is the first song by them that I'd heard and I love it. I think it might be one of my favorite new songs this year that I've found, and I've found a lot (not that I've shown them yet.) This song is one that most people who know me would be confused with my fascination with it. They all associate me with bubblegum power pop forever, which I don't think this classifies as. Although Anna is technically the expert (she coined the phrase) so if she's still awake I'll ask her what genre this song goes under. While I wait for a response can I also just point out that the concept of band wearing matching suits excites me? Maybe it's my OCD, maybe it's the psychology of finding patterns, but the uniformity looks so well put together. Even with the thrusting in the video they still look dapper. Good job boys. Okay I waited an hour and Anna has a response. She says it's still of the pop variety but born more from the pop punk grouping. So I'm going to go ahead and classify this song as pop punk lite. Agree?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment