Hello. Today I give you Turn The Lights On by Big Sugar.
I'm switching it up today with a little Canadian reggae from the past... well I guess that's an inaccurate description nor that the band is active again, but semantics. They technically formed in 1988 as a support band for a singer named Molly Johnson. When she made it big with her own band, she helped these guys get into the music business as well. Eventually the lineup changed in the band, and things got awesome when they finally clicked with a popular reggae bassist named Gary Lowe who had moved to Toronto from Jamaica. They got really big at first mostly through word of mouth and eventually got so popular that they were asked to play at Woodstock in 1999. They all ended up going their separate way in 2004 to work on solo projects, but reunited in 2010. So the fun thing is you get to compare their new and old stuff. You can start with this one, which is an oldie of theirs, but a goodie.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment