Monday, May 26, 2014

Year 3, Day 32

Hi. So today's song is Beautiful Life by Union J.


I finally got a day of peace so I'm in a good mood today, hence such a happy song. I need to address something in society though. There are so many people hating on this band because they are "copying One Direction." I'm sorry, but since when was One Direction the first boy band the world has ever seen? Answer: it's not! Boy bands have been around forever, they are just becoming mainstream again. My generation had the Backstreet Boys and N*Sync, before that 98 Degrees and Boys 2 Men, before that, New Kids On The Block, New Edition, Menudo, The Osmonds, The Jackson Five. See a pattern? The list goes on. It stems back to way before One Direction's parents were even born, so tweens: you need to suck it up. I know you love your band and are protective of them as unique artists, but realize that you can like another boy band at the same time. Union J has good songs and the harmonies are solid, so listen without comparing them to someone else.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment