Thursday, May 15, 2014

Year 3, Day 21

Alright, today's song is Same Love by Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert.


I'm going to get opinionated on you today. This song and video is entirely accurate and everything beautiful about equal rights. African Americans got it. Women got it. Now it's time for the gender orientation to stop. Sure there will always still be people who are racist, sexist and homophobic (my dad being all three) but as funny as a concept this may be: other peoples lives are none of our business. Love is love so just let it be. This is the main message in the song too. I know there are people out there, maybe even some of you reading this, who disagree with my acceptance of everyone. That's fine, I'm not expecting you to change your opinion just because I stated mine. I do however hope that my lack of persuasion for you to conform to me will convince you to do the same with others. We can all share our opinion and disagree, but the hostility comes from demanding others think the way you do. So I wont. Alright that's enough of my thoughts for today, listen to the song and tell me what you think.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment