Hey guys, so today's song is Wake Me Up by Avicii ft Aloe Blacc.
Here's a little bonus video of this song for any piano buffs out there. Sorry for all the personal stuff, it's been a crazy few days. My dad now thinks I'm suicidal based on things I said taken out of context. Anyone who really knows me knows it's a ridiculous notion for me and that I already dealt with severe depression seven years ago, and managed to make it through that. On the flip side, my mom found an old diary entry from my 8th birthday. All I had written was about how awesome my family is and how much I loved my parents and sister, my sister most of all. My mom found this dated, but thinks my sister wrote it...she's 22 months older than me so our birthdays aren't even similar. What even. I'm so done with living like this: with people who don't know me. That's why I've chosen this song. I've been lost and just floating in a dream like haze through my life, but I want that to be over now. I am pledging to you and to myself that from now on I'm waking up and living my life for me. No more stressing over other people's lives and interactions when I can't do anything about it, no more bending over backwards to appease people I dislike. At least I'm going to try... So if you feel like you have also been doing this way too much in your life, take the pledge with me. We can all get through it. Together.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment