Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Year 5, Day 355

Hello everyone. Today's song is Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons.


These guys are a pop rock group active since 2008 and currently made up of Dan Reynolds, Wayne Sermon, Ben McKee, and Daniel Platzman. I always wondered about the band name and it's apparently an anagram for a phrase known only by the band members. If I was bored enough, I would try to figure it out, but I like a little mystery so I will just hold that fact fondly to share in random conversation. There was a lot of member shuffling before they released two EPs in 2010, followed quickly by another in 2011. They were signed the same year, then lucked out by replacing a band who couldn't perform for a huge audience boosting their fan base by a large margin. Then they kind of blew up. I remember hearing them on the radio when they were still a featured band (which the one station did for unknown groups). I think at the time society was just so ready for something other than bubblegum pop, thus the indie band phase... although these guys are kind of in between those two genres. Their debut came out in 2012 and obviously got them international fame. They toured for awhile, then released a live album in 2013, followed by more touring while working on another album. That one was released in 2015, then a tour followed before the band took a hiatus in 2016. It lasted less than a year before the band was hyping their fans up for new stuff and those singles came out in 2017. They've continued to release singles since then, with this one being one of the newer tunes. All of their stuff is good though so check out more if you're curious.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment