Hello everybody. So today's song is Call Back by Paper Lions.
If you've been following this blog for awhile, you'll know exactly when I saw this band live because I talked about it. I've featured them a lot, but I can't find an instance that I did an overview so here we go. They are a Canadian band from PEI made up of John MacPhee, David Cyrus MacDonald, Colin Buchanan, and Rob MacPhee. They formed in 2004 when the other three met David in high school. At the beginning they were called The Chucky Danger Band. Right now their discography is split evenly between the names, with four titles as Chucky Danger and four as Paper Lions. They changed names in 2008 and started touring with Cake after releasing their first album under the new name. They got a lot of radio play from it, which let to more opportunities being featured for things. They were signed in 2010 and re-released their album, but didn't see any earnings from it. So by 2012, they released their new album independently and free for download. They were still with the label and their action seems to me like a sort of silent rebellion, which did lead to them being contacted and everything being straightened out (the label blaming a staffing error on their office closures for the misunderstanding). They've released more music and done lots of touring since (including to here luckily) and I honestly can't wait for more.
Now for the flip side of the one we did two days ago. This is a song by someone you’ve seen live. I’m glad I spent time when I was at SAIT going to mini concerts at the bar there otherwise I would have a very small pool of options. Anna went with Dust by Parquet Courts. My grandma used The Gambler by Kenny Rogers, and Will went with Dusk Dismantled by Trivium, who he’s seen a couple times. Sammy and my mom had both used the same band, and it was actually a concert they went to together, but then Sammy changed hers to Hollywood by Michael Buble. Then my mom used Jump by Simple Plan.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment