Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Year 5, Day 348

What's Up. Today I give you Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship featuring Leighton Meester.


Throwing back to a band we all forgot existed, these guys were active from 2006 until 2015. It started with a parody posted to MySpace of a Gwen Stefani song that got them signed. Then they created a song for the Snakes On A Plane movie before releasing their album in 2006. They did touring the next year, creating the songs for the next album in between shows, so once they started recording it took less than a month before the album got released. They toured for that album worldwide over the next year. The next album came out in 2009 which is where this song is from and if you watch that video... it definitely feels like 2009 material. They only had one album after that one in 2011, but they did lots of projects with other people throughout the years before breaking up in 2015. Now Leighton Meester was in 2009 primarily known as an actress being on Gossip Girl. So when she appeared in this song I remember before confused. Even posting it now I had to go double check that she was actually singing and not just featured in the video. I was never a fan of Gossip Girl, but I've seen her in other stuff since and I appreciate her as an actress. She also has her own album that was released in 2014 so if you want to look that up, feel free.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment