Saturday, October 20, 2018

Year 5, Day 344

Hello. Today's song is Run The World (Girls) by Beyonce.


I already did a Beyonce overview earlier so none of that today, but the beat in this song is so fucking familiar to me that I know I've heard it sampled for something, possibly a dance performance so if you can think of it tell me because it's driving me insane. Anyway, I was watching the new Tomb Raider movie with my sister and I accidentally said something that really resonated with her and is a great way of thinking. So she was complaining about the increasingly unbelievable things happen and offhand I told her to stop thinking about it like a typical movie, and think about it like a video game. Lara Croft was originally a video game character and so it makes sense that she's a little extra human in her actions. I realized that is how most action movies should be viewed. We all question things in movies, like of well of course there is a random plane that saves her from the waterfall that just happens to break when she touches it, but not until she's halfway to safety. In a video game though, that's how you know you're doing things correctly. A good example is Assassin's Creed. When something changes after running in a direction, that's a sign you're progressing correctly. So if you ever find yourself getting annoyed with a movie, or someone watching with you is complaining about it, switch gears to watching your character in a cut scene. It makes it more enjoyable than constantly critiquing the realness. Just thought I'd share my epiphany.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment