Afternoon. So today's song is Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine.
Gym Class Heroes have been around since 1997. It actually started as an instrumental only band until Travie McCoy started rapping and the rest is history. They started recording their first album in 2003 and ended up signed before it was even finished. It was finally released in 2005. Cupid's Chokehold is how their fame came around, everyone gravitating to that song. Their album in 2008 featured collaborations with lots of other artists giving it a jam session feel. In 2010 Travie started a solo career while still in the group. This song came out in 2011 and is off of the followup to the band's first album. They've been inactive since 2012, but they did recently open for The Offspring on their tour so there is hope yet. I think I've talked about Adam Levine before, but just in case he's the lead singer of Maroon 5 and they've been around since 1994. I appreciate that he's stuck with the group even though (let's be honest) he could have gone solo a decade ago and we wouldn't have cared. He's a good person for that, and the fact that he took Chirstina Grimmie's death so hard shows he has compassion. So I appreciate him, I hope you do too.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment