Hi everyone. Today's song is Right Now by Atomic Kitten.
I'm finding it really hard to believe this is the first time I'm showing you Atomic Kitten. It was such a big part of my childhood, and yet it took five years?! I will rectify this, there will be more in the future. So they are a British group who were around from 1998-2005, briefly came back in 2006 and 2008, then regrouped in 2013 going strong through now. Current members include Natasha Hamilton and Liz McClarnon, but past members also include Kerry Katona, and Jenny Frost. The band was actually started by a guy named Andy McCluskey who was in a band called Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. When that band was dissolved, he formed this group for music he made which didn't fit the Britpop scene at the time. They were almost dropped from their label before one of the singles they released from the debut album became a huge hit. They ended up becoming internationally famous, making it big in the UK, as well as Germany, New Zealand, and Denmark. After the first album's success, tension mounted between the writers and the recording studio, until Andy and his partner were asked to leave. In 2003 they released an album in the States which included songs from their first and second album, which is how I was introduced to them. The hiatus took place because Natasha wanted to devote more time to raising her son, and the group didn't want to replace her. The two random years where they formed again were one-offs to record charity singles or do special event performances rather than it being the band forming again. In 2012 they reunited (though Jenny refused to come back) to tour and be involved in a series with other 90's pop groups. They started making new music in 2013 and had a lot of almost tours (cancelled before beginning) before finally touring in 2017. Kerry left again in December, but gave no reason why, although the other two say that they will be performing again sometime this year. So I guess we'll see.
Now for the last song stuck in your head. I had to be careful about when to ask this question, lest they be influenced by previous answers. My mom used Different For Girls by Dierks Bentley featuring Elle King, and my grandma went with The Ballad of Ira Hayes by Johnny Cash. Sammy went Disney with I’ll Make A Man Out Of You from Mulan. When her anxiety spikes because of work, I have a habit of singing this one at her and I don’t really know why. It seems to help though, so I keep doing it. Will took forever. Every time I asked he would blank because apparently, he doesn’t have an endless loop of music playing in his head at all times which is unimaginable to me. I always have a song going. Once I cornered him though, he finally gave out Ace of Spades by Motorhead.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment