Morning. So today's song is A Place We Set Afire by Yellowcard.
So this song is basically a love letter to the fans, a goodbye for when they stopped making music last year. Yellowcard was my jam in grade ten when I had pretty well exited my inner emo phase in favor of alt rock so seeing this made me happy. They formed in 1997 and the name comes from a phrase about people causing party fouls in school. Think soccer, it'll make sense. They made a bunch of music before signing with a major label and doing their debut through them in 2003. That album was the one I listened to the most. They released albums pretty consistently every few years for the rest of their career, with a brief hiatus is 2008. That hiatus ended up being for two years so all the members could deal with their personal stuff and work on side projects, before the came back for seven. The music has always been great, and I will miss them, but I appreciate the message they gave us at the beginning of the song, so it can be bittersweet rather than sad. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment