Hello. So today's song is Wish I Knew You by The Revivalists.
This band has been active since 2007 and are from New Orleans. It's a bit bigger than some of the other bands I've featured, consisting of David Shaw, Zack Feinberg, Ed Williams, Rob Ingraham, George Gekas, Andrew Campanelli, Michael Girardot, and Paulet "PJ" Howard. I don't have a lot of information about this group. I don't know where the name comes from, but I like that it got formed because of a standard movie meet-cute where two of the guys passed each other and decided to strike up a conversation. They self released an EP in 2008 which was really well received in New Orleans. Then their made their debut album in 2010. They did another in 2012, then that got re-released in 2014 once they were finally signed on to a label. They had another new album in 2015, then got a lot of attention as a featured artist in a bunch of places. There hasn't been much since, although this year they've started showing off singles from the album they're working on now. So if you like it, prepare for more.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment