Hi guys. Today's song is Rumor Mill by We Are The In Crowd.
Once again, we have already done the overview for this group so I'm not repeating it. Since it's near the end of the year and I'll be gone again for awhile we should talk about this article thirteen bullshit. For anyone who doesn't no the EU passed a copyright law that does not leave any room for fair use. So song covers: illegal; parodies: illegal; basically sharing anything of any kind: potentially illegal. I don't understand why it even went to another vote since it was dismissed in June, but whatever. I live in Canada. So the law itself doesn't actually effect me at all, but the internet is a universal thing and you can't really bar any one group from it (which seems like the easiest way to comply with the new standards). Only time will tell what happens, I anticipate enough backlash to hopefully make the participating countries make the law null and void, but if it does start taking its toll we'll all have to adjust. All I can say right now is... well, I'm worried. This wont be good for anyone, and the sooner the politicians and industries pushing for it realize this, the better.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment