Hiya. So today's song is Pop 101 by Marianas Trench.
Okay, first an update on the job front. By 9:30 I still was too chicken to call, so they called me. I recognized the number and all but threw the phone in terror...so I never answered. One voice mail and another email later I finally nutted up and dialed. So now I have an interview for Monday. We'll see what happens. I really shouldn't be worried because the odds of me getting hired are at like 65%, but I still am absolutely freaking out. It's my nature, I'm irrationally nervous over new things. Then something weird happened. My phone rang and I didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer it, and I had another voice mail waiting. I opened my mailbox and started to listen to this mystery caller's message when my cheek deleted it. All I heard was my name...so I panicked and hung up which is NOT what you are supposed to do. So the message is gone forever and I am too scared to call back and be like "heh heh funny story..." On the off chance it would work I put the number in Google, and it took me to an HR person at a different company: one I had never heard of, let alone applied to. I can only assume the message was about coming in for an interview. I'm stumped. First of all how did you get my phone number? and secondly why would you want to hire me? I mean I'm used to searching out and convincing people that I'm competent. I am not used to companies coming to me and asking me to work for them. It feels like the system is backwards and I don't know what to make of it! Anyway for the song it's making fun of how pop music is and it's hilarious because it's so true. And considering that I do love pop and used to be known for a source of bubblegum power pop I thought I should show this off to you guys. Hope you like it!
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment