Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Year 3, Day 145

Hey. So today's song is Mason Jar by Smallpools.


I love when bands do music videos like this. It's just all the footage of them goofing around and performing while on tour. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy music videos too, but there's something so honest about showing them how they are in life instead of in a scripted scene. It allows you to see how much they care about their craft, and all the cool stuff they're doing. In this particular video, it's documenting Smallpool's trip to England. A trip "across the pond" as they say. Why is that a saying? It's not a pond, it's a huge fucking ocean, but I'm curious as to why that saying became a thing. Looking it up it just tells me what I already knew, meaning it's across the Atlantic. Apparently though there is an Across The Pond study abroad program for Canadian students partnered with a bunch of UK schools. Wish I had known that while I was still in school, not that I would have been able to afford it anyway. I had thought about going to school in Aberdeen (Scotland) once upon a time, but that had been when I was contemplating journalism. I've changed a lot since then. Sorry that kind of went off topic haha! Anyway this is an amazing song and an equally awesome story in the video so check it out.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment