Saturday, September 13, 2014

Year 3, Day 142

Morning guys. Today's song is Battlefield by Lea Michele.


So about a year ago there was huge coverage in the news about a certain Glee stars death. Corey and Lea were engaged and  not to far out from their wedding date if I remember correctly. He was a Canadian, and I always loved the story of his audition for the show. I really felt awful for Lea and I'm glad most people respected her need for privacy. She worked the emotions of losing Corey out in making this album, compiling songs that would showcase what she was going through. "I have to acknowledge what I've been through this year. It was really difficult, which I think is represented in "If You Say So" and a song like "Cannonball" represents finding strength and hope. These are the two sides of my life right now. The grief, but also the search for strength and hope. I really wanted those two songs to bookend the album. Really let everyone know where I'm at." I didn't use either of those songs because I enjoy this one, but definitely look them up if you're interested.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment