Monday, September 8, 2014

Year 3, Day 137

Hey guys. So today's song is We Are Stars by Virginia To Vegas ft Alyssa Reid.


I figured now would be as good a time as any to get the more mainstream songs I like onto the list, starting with this track. I have nothing bad to say about this song, I love the whole thing. Before this song, I had never actually heard of Virginia To Vegas, but I had heard of Alyssa. So naturally I decided to look up the band to learn a bit about them. When I googled the name though, the first thing I saw is that it would take 33 hours to drive from Virginia to Vegas.... thanks Google that was helpful. Whatever, I don't mind digging up information. So what I've learned since then is that of course I hadn't heard of them, this was their debut single (yay I'm not slipping!). How they got Alyssa to be on their first track I do not now, but I'm glad she did it. I also learned it's not a band, it's one dude: Derik Baker. His official Facebook page describes his as enigmatic which basically means mysterious in this context. Mysterious indeed newbie. He's a 24 year old from Toronto, and got discovered on YouTube by Wax records who signed him this year. Apparently he has been an opening act on Hedley's last tour along with Alyssa Reid. Long time readers know that is a significant detail to me because Hedley has great live shows and only tour with the best people. Example: when I went to a Hedley concert, the opening acts were Classified and Kay. Anyway, that's all the information I have about Derik, although I really wish I had found out why he chose the name Virginia To Vegas.... His website is just a picture of him and a new song that he's done since his debut which is actually pretty awesome too, so you can check it out there. Enjoy!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment