Thursday, September 25, 2014

Year 3, Day 154

Hello everybody. So today's song is I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco.


It's been a relatively interesting morning so far compared to the last two weeks. By 5:30 I had already done a job search and completely rewrote my resume and a new cover letter to apply for a job. By 6:30 I had received an email from the human resources manager saying they read my resume and wanted me to call to talk about a potential job with the company. I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon, but I think it's a good sign? I still haven't called back yet... No matter how old I get, I will still be nervous about calling people I don't know. I'm kind of weird in that I don't like phones. It scares me that you can't tell who is on the other end of the line if it's a number you've never called before. Unfortunately this is something you can't be afraid of in business, and is even worse to be afraid of in marketing. It's all about communication. I read somewhere that a guy had once responded to someone saying they had butterflies in their stomach with the response being "digest them." It's a pretty clever thing to say honestly and I keep thinking that to try and convince myself that I should just pick up the phone and call. It's not working. This is normally when I call my sister freaking out because of my phone anxiety and she talks me into being brave enough to go through with it, but of course we still aren't talking so I'm alone on this...I will call eventually because I need a job and this is honestly the only posting I've been optimistic (even excited) about in six months. Let this be a lesson kids, try your best to get over any fears you have about interacting with people before you have to do it professionally. It will help you.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment