Friday, September 12, 2014

Year 3, Day 141

Hey. So today's song is Long Time Traveler by The Wailin' Jennys.


So Things I have done so far today is rewatch the entire Firefly series, which isn't much since it was unceremoniously cancelled after one season. It still pisses me off to this day that it was cancelled because the cast, the storyline and the execution was epic. As I insinuated, I have seen the series before, but I had never seen the follow up movie...until now. I just finished watching Serenity and I was not prepared for how gut wrenching it would be. There was the usual quips as in the show, and all of the original cast were in it, although not everyone was on the ship. The reavers were absolutely terrifying and I was as on edge watching as if I was on Serenity with them gliding through infested territory. I never expected any of the crew to die. Ever. I always thought of them as the renegade crew who could never be taken down. Well as you can guess from my song choice I was very very wrong. When I saw the Preacher was off the ship, I figured he would be the casualty if any, so I wasn't too surprised at that although it still made my heart hurt. After Preacher I thought that was it, it was over. I got through basically the entire movie and a huge battle before imminent death was coming in the form of a ship crashing. They stuck the landing though and were totally fine until a fucking thing impaled Wash! He was speaking and then dead in less than two seconds and was one of my favorite characters! SCREW YOU JOSS WHEDON. I was horrified and beyond shocked. I just paused the movie and sat there for a good five minutes before backing it up to make sure I wasn't imagining it. Nope. Still dead. After that sudden exit of the character I was shell-shocked until the end of the movie, watching each and every character take what should have been mortal wounds. Thankfully, the rest survived by sheer luck, but damn. I loved the movie, but I almost wish I hadn't watched it for the shock value I got. Anyway I thought this would be a pretty appropriate time to put this song up, since I really don't want to hold on to it as if expecting someone in my life to make a swift exit as well. nopenopenope, knock on wood. So that's all for today.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment