Hi. So today's song is Next To Me by Emeli Sande.
This is a song that plays on the radio and always changes my mood. Anytime I hear it I start belting the lyrics and pretending I can be as soulful as she is. I don't quite pull it off though... I feel strongly about this song, because it's so perfect. I don't know how I can describe it. I'm not the only one that feels this way about it though, because Emeli has a few awards with this song. In order they are Best Song at the 2012 MOBO Awards, British Single of the Year at the 2013 Brit Awards. Those are when she was just nominated and didn't actually win. The winning ones are PRS for Music Most Performed Work at the 2013 Ivor Novello Awards, and the one that stands out the most to me as being prestigious, she won Best Song Musically and Lyrically at the 2013 Ivor Novello Awards. Keep in mind those are just for this song, she's racked in a total of eighteen wins for herself along the way. It's an amazing song, and if you've never heard it you should really give it a chance.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment