Monday, July 22, 2013

Year 2, Day 356

Hey everybody. So today's song is Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke ft. T.I & Pharrell.


Okay, this song has been following me around. Clearly they play it every other song because every time I get in the car it plays. Every Single Time. I didn't really give it much thought at first.  It was a catchy song and that was it. Then Sammy showed me what she thought was the music video. It seemed really strange, and it's the link I attached. Then I found everyone freaking out about the message, so I looked up the lyrics. Wow. If someone said stuff like that to me I would nut him. By nut him I'm referring to crotch punching...or kicking. Whatever causes pain. After that I felt kind of enraged and wanted to see if I missed the message in the video. Well the video I found was definitely not the one I expected. I wont give you the link, but look up the unrated music video if you want to know. I couldn't even believe what I was watching. The difference in the comments between the videos shows how oblivious people are. I was that way too, but now this song is weird to me. Everyone has their own thoughts on the objectification of women it creates or the rape culture society has. I don't want to comment about whether there is or isn't because it is a tough subject, but I just wanted to try and stop the line of oblivious singalong masses.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment