Sunday, July 14, 2013

Year 2, Day 348

Hey. So today's song is In Love With A Girl by Gavin DeGraw.


I realize that this is a rock song. It has electric guitars and a rock tune, but I can't help but feel the country vibe from it. I blame it on his voice. It has a slight twinge in it that I associate with country singers. The piano doesn't help either. Anyway this cross genre feel is the reason I wanted to put it on my blog. It's stampede here right now, and I'm not really interested in the drunk fest it's turned into, but I do enjoy the country aspect of it with the chuck wagon races and bull riding. It's become less hardcore country over the years and more rock country lite... What I mean can be described by this song. It's not country, but it's not rock and yet it's catchy enough that you don't care about the case of mistaken identity. That is what stampede is like. Since I wanted to do a thing for stampede this seemed the best option. So this is a celebration of what it is on the last day it's happening this year. Come check it out next year if you're curious.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment