Morning. So today's song is Clouds by Before You Exit.
These guys are a band from Florida, and have been around since 2007. It's a family band made up of three brothers: Connor McDonough, Riley McDonough, and Toby McDonough. Originally it was Connor and Riley with two other guys named Braiden Wood and Thomas Silvers. They had been called soulbinder39 until Wood's mom gave them their current name. It's meant to be a short version of the band's motto which is "make a difference before you exit." Their first EP was released in 2009, then they toured with All Time Low in 2010 and 2011 before releasing their second EP. After that they tried X Factor, but decided it wasn't their kind of thing, toured with Allstar Weekend, and then in 2012 the younger brother joined the band. They released another EP in 2013 and did a bunch more touring. Wood left the band in 2014 to go solo, and then the band started doing their own tours including some with Christina Grimmie. And yeah, it was these shows that they were doing when she was killed. This song that I'm showcasing is dedicated to her. Which makes me want to cry because I'm still not over that asshole and the fact that so many artists have been taken out before their time by "crazed fans." This is why I give no sympathy to fans complaining that their favorite stars wont do meetups or pictures or autographs anymore. They deserve their safety too and in this social media society we have, their privacy is destroyed even if someone's intentions are pure. Damn I shouldn't have gone on a tangent, but it's frustrating. Anyway! They've done more touring since and released some more songs, as well as collaborated on writing with some influential people, and that brings us up to now in their careers. You may have noticed I didn't explicitly mention when their other friend left the band, and it's because he hasn't. Not really. He was absent for one of the tours but I think is still technically around? I don't know though, it's complicated. Well that's enough for today, I hope you like the song and I will see you tomorrow.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment